Townsville Twist

Friday 24 February 2006

Oh the shame!

It must be fate.

When I was in primary school there was this girl with terminal cancer. Her name was Megan. Just before she started school she'd had one of her legs amputated to just below the knee. She was a beautiful singer and was always cheery even though she knew that she didn't have long to go. Kinda inspirational, hey?

Anyway, she came over to my place one day after school when we were in year 1. Roll-ups (the snack thing) had these promotional glow-in-the-dark stickers in every box, and I'd collected them all except this one with a dolphin on it. We were very big on sticker collecting back then. That day at lunch time Megan had revealed that she was the proud owner of the coveted dolphin sticker. I was so jealous. When she left the room I nicked it. I stole from a dying child! Megan passed away about a year after that episode.

Until now I haven't really thought about it. Then, as fate would have it, one of my roommates, Noni, showed me her folder for her weekly notes. And there, on the cover...


I'M SORRY MEGAN! I'LL NEVER STEAL FROM ANOTHER SOUL AGAIN!!!

What are the chances of a sticker over ten years old showing up in Queensland in mint condition in the same room as me?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • oooh may 2nd new pearl jam single will be released

    By Blogger Jam-Head, at 6:05 pm  

  • It sounds as though you have made amends. Forgive thyself.

    You probably made her feel normal because everyone else would have been freakily nice to her.

    By Blogger InsubordinationFreak, at 8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home