Townsville Twist

Monday 20 March 2006

Library Treasures

The JCU Library is pretty good. Of course, I've never been to another uni library so I can hardly compare. There's a help desk where they encourage you to ask them anything about anything. There's always a computer available for you to use. It's always quiet. But there's one thing that, shall we say, 'sticks out' a little bit from your standard library. We have a naked man chained to the wall.


He's standing right next to the libarary catalogue searching computer. As a side note, they've tried to be cool by calling the catalogue "Tropicat" which sounds like one of those lame nicknames somebody wants to be called but nobody does. I think the Library staff even cringe when they say it. Anyway, It's kind of distracting having a naked man right next to you when you're trying to search for journal articles. I'll be there typing in my search then suddenly realise I've put "plant* AND etiolat* AND penis OR bondage".

It's one of those things you don't want to get caught staring at but at the same time you can't help it. So let's have another peek:


At least it's not as bad as the stone sculpture outside UTS. I so wish I had a photo.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • We never had one of those statues at my uni. What's the Mount Franklin bottle for?

    By Blogger InsubordinationFreak, at 8:52 pm  

  • It's kinda awkward taking photos of naked men with a camera (rather than a camera phone) so I had to sneak a shot between the computers and someone had just set up camp there.

    Nah, it's really just product placement - though they still haven't paid me the $5 yet.

    By Blogger Ebo, at 4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home