Townsville Twist

Saturday 19 August 2006

Have you been Touched?

If you've never heard of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you probably haven't spent enough time on the net. Basically it's a parody religion first established during the Intelligent Design debate of 2005 and argues that there are multiple theories of ID. One theory is that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the world (beginning with mountains, trees and a midget). Since this theory and that of God doing it all have pretty much the same evidence to support them (i.e. none) it is only fair that FSMism should be taught alongside ID in schools.

Pastafarianism, as it is called, was extremely well-recieved among the public and has been accepted by many, probably because its version of heaven has a beer volcano and stripper factory. As a firm believer in the power of science, I accepted the FSM into my daily life and encourage others to be Touched by His Noodly Appendage by preaching the good word when I'm outrageously drunk.

Being a science student, I have to attend practical classes during which I have to wear a lab coat. I've been looking for something to put on the back of my lab coat for a while now, and finally made up my mind today.


For more information on His Noodliness, go here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home